Among the numerous Phnom Penh tours, Hop-on Hop-off tour with air-conditioned shuttle bus become outstanding which allows tourists to check out the top sites of Phnom Penh in an air-conditioned shuttle bus. This will be a great experience to learn more about the history of this vibrant city thanks to onboard commentary, as well as gain deep insight into the cultures and the traditions of the locals. The tour will stop at the Killing Fields, Prison S21 and other historical relics that are completely customizable up to your interests.
Phnom Penh Hop-on Hop-off City Tour Itinerary
Phnom Penh has a hot climate all year round, thus, the air-conditioned bus tour is the most perfect way to explore the attractions in this colorful capital city.
The hop-on-hop-off tour will start by the hotel picking up. The first destination would be the Genocide Museum, also known as Prison S21 under the Khmer Rouge regime. The English commentary will give you some pieces of basic information about the prison. The English bus attendant will also explain some guidelines concerning the visit. The visit time of the museum is around 1 hour.
Then the bus will head to the Killing Fields taking about 40 minutes. A documentary can help you gain some knowledge about the Khmer Rouge regime. The Audio Tours are available in both Genocide Museum and the Killing Fields. Follow the map provided and start the Audio tour in about 1 hour 15 minutes.
If you take the Hop-on-hop-off tour in the morning, you will return to your hotel by 1 pm, in the afternoon at 6:30 pm. If you would like to get down at Riverside to visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and National Museum in the morning tour, or the Night Market in the evening, just tell to the bus attendant, they are delighted to drop you off there for your convenience.
Phnom Penh Hop-on Hop-off City Tour Highlights
Inclusions in Hop-on Hop-off Bus
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Audio English commentary and documentary are available
- English speaking bus attendant
- A bottle of water
- Free wifi
Exclusion in Hop-on Hop-off Bus
- Entrance fees (Killing Fields $3, Genocide Museum $3)
- Tour guide & Audio tour
- Food & drink
Departure & Return of Hop-on Hop-off Bus
You will be free picked up if your hotel is located:
- Near Riverside
- Near Central Market (not including Russian BLVD)
- Near Wat Phnom
- Near Royal Palace
- Near Independence monument
- Near Aeon Mall
- In Kirirom area
- In BKK area
However, Sokha Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel are not included in the free pick up zone because of the traffic problem. If you don’t stay within the free pick up zone, the booking office will contact and advise you to pick up at a meeting point.
Your hotel or riverside.
Essential Guide of Phnom Penh Hop-on Hop-off City Tour
- Please contact the booking office for confirmation 1 day before the tour to ensure that you will receive the best service.
- At every stop, the bus attendants may help tourists on the ground, but they are not the tour guide, this is not a guided tour.
- This tour is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- No wheelchair accessible.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.