The Coronavirus or Covid-19 is one of the World’s most serious pandemics throughout recorded history. 215 countries all over the world have suffered from this epidemic with nearly 24,651,000 cases and over 836,000 deaths. Cambodia is one of the Chinese neighboring countries where people, economy, and lifestyle are extremely damaged.
Updated on 28/08/2020
Coronavirus (Covid-19) News & Update in Cambodia
Entry Conditions in Cambodia
On the 20th of May, 2020, foreign travelers from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain & the USA will be able to visit Cambodia. Requirements mentioned below are applied to all nationalities entering Cambodia:
- A deposit of 3,000 USD must be made by each traveler on entry to Cambodia.
- COVID-19 test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to travel.
- Proof of insurance with 50,000 USD in medical coverage
- Visa on Arrivals and E-visa is not currently available. Travelers are required to apply for visas at Cambodian Consulates or Embassies outside Cambodia.
Upon arrival in Cambodia, all travelers must undergo a COVID-19 test and remain into government facility until laboratory results are found, which may include an overnight stay.
- If one tests positive for COVID-19: People will be required to compulsory quarantine for 14 days at a facility designated by the Cambodia Government (at their own expense).
- If all travelers test negative: People have to self-isolate for 14-days at their home under the supervision of local authorities. Health authorities will then oversee another COVID-19 test on the 14th day of self-isolation.
Health screening and temperature checks are performed at all airports. For urgent travel during the suspension period, all foreigners are now required to obtain a visa in advance. Repatriation flight for French citizens: please contact the email address “[email protected]” and send a copy of your Cambodian visa and your contact details for further information.
Hotel & Accommodations Update
Various events & festivals have been canceled or postponed. Various spas, bars, restaurants, and entertainment businesses have been closed until further notice. Please contact us if you have any specific inquiries about festivals, events, shows, or attractions.
Tourist Attractions Update
Most of the events and festivals in Cambodia have been canceled or postponed. Spas, bars, restaurants, and entertainment businesses have been also closed until further notice. Please contact us if you have any specific inquiries about festivals, events, shows, or attractions.
|Siem Reap||Mahob Cooking Class||Closed until further notice|
|Phare Circus Show||Closed until further notice|
|Apopo Center||Closed until further notice|
|Angkor Balloon||Reopening during weekends|
|Eco Soap Bank||Closed until further notice|
|Sacred Dancers of Angkor||Closed until further notice|
|Bayon Pastry School||Closed until further notice|
|Osmose||Closed until further notice|
|Angkor National Museum||Closed until further notice|
|Angkor Golf||Closed until further notice|
|Bodia Spa||Closed until further notice|
|Sokkhak Spa||Until further notice|
|Your Beauty Spa||Reopened|
|Phnom Penh||Pour Un Sourire d’Enfant NGO||Closed until further notice|
|Cambodian Living Arts||Closed until further notice|
|National Museum of Phnom Penh||Closed until further notice|
|Central Market & Russian Market||Closed until further notice|
|Royal Palace||Closed until further notice|
|Tuol Sleng Museum (S21)||Closed until further notice|
|Cheung Ek (killing fields)||Closed until further notice|
|Battambang||Phare Ponleu Selpak||Closed until further notice|
|Kep||La Plantation||Closed until further notice|
|Mondulkiri||Elephant Valley Project||Closed until further notice|
- Bring hand sanitizing gel
- Carefully wash hands during the day with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Use sanitizing gel if soap and water are not available
- Try to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Refrain from drinking water from unknown sources